The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
clinebarger

Scored an engine for my Camaro

I have been searching for a 6.0L pullout for 6 months (LQ4 or LQ9 didn't really matter), Everyone wants $1800 or better for a 200,000 mile engine? I know these engine run a long time, But I can't justify spending that, A couple "Yards" tried lying to me about mileage.

I was ready too give up all together as I wasn't looking for a complete Engine/Trans package for customers like I usually do.

Wreaking Yard's have finally evolved too suit the LS swap community, On the other hand it has made it hard to find & expensive to buy just a Pullout engine for a fair price.

I was drinking some beer with a friend last weekend talking cars & all that, I mentioned I was looking for a 6.0L LQ4/LQ9 for my car.
He said he still has the 6.2L L92 that I helped him pull out of a 2009 Escalade about 3 years ago which I had completely forgot about. Problem was it was in the back of his mom's garage (She's a Hoarder!) A deal was stuck for $2000 & I have to help him get it out of there.

What a brutal, nasty experience! It was 108 degrees, Rats/Mice had been nesting in the garage & the urine smell was overwhelming, On top of that.....I have a very weak stomach for certain smells (Urine, Pieces, Death) & gives me dry heaves, He was making fun & I felt like hitting him in the face a few times, But I got the engine home after 6 hours, Gave him the money & told him too have fun putting all that nasty JUNK back in there!!

Performed a Leak-Down on all 8 cylinders....About 15 percent across the board (Very good for a engine that has sit so long), Pulled both Valve Covers to back the Rockers off for the Leak-Down....Looks pretty good.

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote