The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
tetfemal

54 Chev Project, Q&As

This will eventually turn into a build thread. At the current moment, I am just trying to avoid pitfalls and learn from those who have built their trucks over the years. I figure it would be easier to have a thread with specific details that pertains to the direction I want to go with my build in one location.

I've been looking to start a project for years now, but never had the opportunity to. Whether it was trying to finish undergrad, starting grad school, getting married, moving from FL to UT, becoming a Peace Officer, having a baby due in October, joining the National Guard, and leaving from basic training in November, the hopes of starting a project was getting slimmer and slimmer.

A coupe of days ago, I was searching around in a local classified ad for something unrelated and stumble across this 54 Chev truck plus 47 5 Window cab for a killer deal. I called the guy to see if it was still available then made arraignments to pick them up.

Yesterday, I borrowed my buddies tow truck and went to pick up the truck and cab. And thus begins the start of building the truck I've always wanted. Talk about an eventful night.

tetfemal is offline   Reply With Quote