The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2016, 03:03 AM   #1
C17FCC

New to forum and truck

Hello all, like the title says I am new to this forum and also new to this truck. I will start by saying I have not even had the chance to see the truck in person (I am currently deployed) the truck was dropped off at my house by a family friend.

Here is what I do know about the truck and kind of where I want to go with it.
It is a 1970 GMC, it has the 350 V8, automatic, 3/4 ton, 2wd and is in a rough running condition (will start and drive but needs work). I would like to get this thing running like a champ and throw a bit of power at it, nothing too crazy but I want to have fun with it.

Now I have never owned a truck older than 2003 prior to this so it is all new to me. I don't know where to start, what I should be looking for, what adds the best bang for the buck, what should be updated and what should be left alone. I am a mechanic by trade through the military so I am fairly confident in my abilities to do all the work myself.

I guess I am looking for some guidance as to where I should start and what I could possibly start looking at even while I am over seas, maybe some simple replacement parts that all these things need. Now I am NOT looking to chrome out the whole engine bay and make this a show truck by any means, I just want it to run strong and powerful. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Attached Images

C17FCC is offline   Reply With Quote