The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
lownfast
Gettinlow & Goinfast

68' C10 5.3/4L60 "Blue Belle"

We haven't been in the truck scene much after selling our 78 K5 in 2010. Spent a few years racing motorcycles with my wife on local tracks here in Texas, then found ourselves building muscle cars and getting heavy into LS swaps with the Pro-Touring scene. The last few years have been a lot of work but with maximum fun! In 2014 we bought my wife Cynthia a 2002 Z06 Corvette, after a few upgrades from our inventory at Protouringtexas.com we had it making good power and sounding like a Z06 should :drive: Fast forward to 2016, Cynthia wasn't driving the vette much and we had discussed building a truck that was LS/auto, that had AC and a great daily driver. As fate would have it, I stumbled across a beautiful 68' C10 listing on craigslist that stated this truck had been on Hotrod Power Tour 2015 with a 5.3/4L60/Vintage Air set up already installed. A phone call to a guy named Bryan turned into a long chat about cars and new friendship between our family and theirs. A deal was struck and we met on a drizzly afternoon in Temple, Texas. Cynthia was frustrated with me, all she knew, was that we were driving the Z06 to meet "some people".

We were first to the restaurant, ordered a beer and waited. I had Cynthia sit with her back to the window for maximum effect Bryan and his wife pull up in the c10. I have a huge grin on my face. Cynthia turns around and immediately freaks out "SHUT UP" she says over and over, with her hands covering her face trying to hold back tears of joy. We walk out to meet them, shake hands and head for the truck. This was an awesome moment, those good feels you only get so often. I was happy for Cynthia and proud of the huge secret I had been able to keep.. which is hard to do after so many years of marriage. So far, she loves the truck! We cant wait to take it to the next level! The great running 5.3 with an Ls6 cam is already on the chopping block for upgrades.

Saying goodbye to the vette

Welcome "Blue Belle" to the ProtouringTexas family!

70' Chevelle #EvilAnnie Lsx/4L80/S475 turbo-
85' C20 crew, 5.3/6L90/S475 turbo-
68' C10 5.3/4L60/Level 2 coil overs
Facebook- Protouringtexasdotcom
Instagram- @Protouringtexas
lownfast is offline   Reply With Quote