The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #1
LDO

Polishing the Dash Cluster Lense

Was participating in a dash lights thread here that ended up getting into cleaning the cluster lense. Mine was pretty rough and it looked like something had splattered on it and it wouldn't come off with glass cleaner or royal purple stuff so after getting a $5 off card from Oreilys, I went and bought this :

It comes with a bottle of polish, liquid lubricant, 2 dbl sided polishing pads and a final wipe and seal wipe.

I followed the directions exactly as they're written on the box and was starting to get a little disappointed because after polishing pad #4 was done, I figured my lense should be clear right? nope, you have to use the final wipe, that baby is like magic. Then the sealing wipe and you are done.

This is before:

This is after:

And once installed.

I know I need a new dash panel but I gotta take baby steps with the budget!

Overall, i'm super pleased with the results as mine was really hazy and a new one is 50+ and I have a little over 4 dollars invested and about an hour of time.
LDO is offline   Reply With Quote