The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
JimDirt

Non cab gas tank and spare tire ?

Is there any way to have a gas tank , not in the cab of my 58 stepside ?? , but still keep the spare tire underneath the bed ?? , or is the only option to buy a cutout left(or right if they make them)stepside bed fender and a spare tire mounting kit ?? , i was kind of hoping to keep the body parts original , but i would rather stay away from using a cab mounted tank i think , but would also like to keep a spare on/in/under the truck somewhere without just throwing it in the bed , since i will be using the bed to haul dirt bikes , as soon as my hand/wrist arm heals i plan on starting on the truck finally , (i would have been starting on it right now if it had not been for my wrist getting crushed a few weeks back , so its part gathering time till i can actually use my hand again)

So are there any real feasible options for a tank to use and/or spare tire fender/mount that wont break my minimalist bank account ???

I am thinking somewhere in the 20 gallon size for tank so i wont have to stop at every other gas station
JimDirt is offline   Reply With Quote