The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
LongBox

Prospective New Owner

My name is Rick, live in Vancouver Canada, and right now, I'm looking at buying a 69 or 70 (not sure yet) GMC 910 long box wideside. It's all original, including paint, wheels, chrome dog dish hubcaps, and in remarkable shape, with no apparent rust, and only a few blemishes on the body. It is what would be called a "survivor".White roof, dark green body, wide chrome, possibly polished aluminum trim strips at the bottom of the body, plain jane vinyl interior bench seat, original AM radio, heater, and believe it or not, no power steering nor power brakes. It's a V8 with a 4 barrel on it, and an auto trans.

The original owner passed away, and his grandson is now selling "grampa's pride and joy". The original owner was a maintenance freak, and he's got all sorts of notes about oil/filters, etc. written on the firewall with felt pen. There is no battery in the truck, and I'm told it was put away properly when the old man died. No rust in the battery area, or anywhere else I've been able to look so far. Can't wait to lift up the carpet on the driver's side to see if there's any surprises there.

My issues with the truck are no AC, and no PS. Wonder if anybody has tried retrofitting either or both of those features. Another issue I have with it is that right now, there's a lightweight camper sitting in the bed, and my opinion is that with some exceptions, campers and half-tons don't play well together.

Will update this thread, hopefully later today, as the owner will be there this afternoon, to give me an opportunity to get a much better look, including a photo, I hope, of the SPID sheet on the glove box door.

I"m kinda excited about this, as back in the 70s, my daily driver was aa 71 GMC C-1500, but one a bit more dressed up than this one. Many happy memories of road trips in the old truck.
LongBox is offline   Reply With Quote