The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
Tquillen

Lord, it's yet another bench seat question...

I've read all the threads (numerous times!) regarding non-stock bench seat installation in these trucks, and my question is for the taller fellers among us.....

I'm 6'6" and around 240, and danged if this '69 cab doesn't feel small to me. It currently has the factory bench, which I will be replacing. I'm fabricating a rear mount fuel tank, and want access to the space behind the seat.

In all honesty, at this point I'm open to either a bench or bucket seats. I scored a really nice set of 2005 Silverado single cab 40/20/40 seats that were nowhere close to working, so I know that style of seat is out. Is the 88-93 bench my only option? Are there any buckets that work well for someone my height? I do want a headrest. Well, actually my wife wants headrests, and being able to see them through the back window doesn't bother me at all.

Any input from the taller guys among us?

Edit: I also tried bucket seats from a '72 Chevelle and a '74 Nova. No dice there, either.
Tquillen is offline   Reply With Quote