The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

It begged me to bring it home: '69 C30 Dump Truck

So after some debating in my mind, I decided I couldn't live without this thing.

Problem is that now that I have it, I'm not sure what route I want to take it in. Maybe you guys can help me decide.

Cab is pretty rough - well really rough, but it has factory raised cab light mounts (might save to roof for a K20)

Dump body isn't too bad, other than the floor. The truck was on a dairy farm for a while, and the cow crap & other farm stuff wasn't to kind. I can replace the floor, as I've replaced them before (living in New England, we have that sort of problem)

Currently it is a 307/4speed, not sure on the rear end. Option sheet is pretty faded.

So the dilemma - has to have disc brakes (so 73+ crossmember etc.)
But I really want to do a K30 conversion with it - problem is I don't really NEED a K30 dump truck. Problem #2, I have to drive up a lot of hills @ speeds of 50ish mph, so power is needed.

So, I also have an '99 (iron headed....yeh I have some 317's I can swap onto it) 6.0 truck and a couple of 4l80e's (2wd & 4wd). 4x4 becomes a problem because it is not that easy to get a passenger drop t.case that fits a 4L80. If I go that route, I would have to change the dump to electric/hyd.

To many options/decisions can make a guy crazy. What would you do?

oh yeah suppose you want to see my junk. I love the profile on this thing, the way the head board side match the back of the cab
Attached Images

-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered

Last edited by arkracing; 09-13-2016 at 07:05 AM.
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote