The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
YourBuddy'sTruck

Help with new Heads and Intake

Hello, Everyone.
I'm reposting a new thread for this as the last one was made in haste without all the information.

My Dad has a 72 with a 350 and Automatic.
Driver's side head had a crack, so he called Summit.
They talk him into the Heads in the photos. They are described as....
S/S 64cc Chamber 185cc Intake Runner Straight Plug. (whatever that all is?)
They look great and should be pretty sweet, but they have a different angle, so a stock intake is too narrow.
So he calls Summit again, and they talk him into a 2V Sportsman Victor from Edelbrock.
Now this thing looks like art, but why did they talk him into a High Rise Intake?
Let's add to this, the carb is a re-man Rochester 2Jet.

Can you help me with any info or torque specs?
And the hole in the Head for the Temp Sensor is different? Larger Diameter? What Sensor fits that hole?
Will these 3 parts chime together?
I see no Vacuum Ports on the Intake? Or are the large threaded holes in the rear the ports?
Can we pull Vacuum lines from the Carb? Large Port at the base for Tranny and Brakes?
The Gaskets are a lot thicker than what I'm used to seeing, but they get the Intake above the lip in the Heads up by the valve covers.
The instructions call for gasket sealer around the water jets only? Is this what you do?
Seems to me that the intake only has pairs of bolts in the four corners with none in the center? Makes me think of sealer everywhere!
In the previous thread, someone notced the Rockers look too tight. I'll double check my Dad followed the propper sequence before going forwards.

Thanks in advance for any input. I'm in over my head with the fancy modern parts and would love to learn more.
Cheers!
Attached Images

YourBuddy'sTruck is offline   Reply With Quote