The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
TwoFiftyShifter

Help me pick? C10 vs K20

I'm in a quandary lately. I pickup up a C10 project in July to keep me busy in the summer off days. I have only had to do minor work to it like adjusting brakes new shoes, valve cover and header gaskets, got some of the lights working again and so on. It's a running driving truck.now. Pretty strong if a bit tired 350, 3 speed on the column and so on. Pretty solid for this area, some small rust in floors and radiator support but not bad.

Anyway, I have personalized the truck with a few things but I'm just not into it 100%. I am reluctant to spend any real money on it. I had a sick line on a rebuilt M21 4 speed but I backed out. My previous trucks were 73-87 4x4s. Everytime I see a lifted 4x4 I seem to like my truck less. Especially 8 luggers. I am considering selling this truck for approximately what I bought it for and pay to have my father's truck shipped down here to GA. It's a 1970 C20 4x4. 307 4 speed, cab lights HD springs, 4.57 gears, pretty basic. He used it as a plow truck and a family friend used it as a wrecker in NYC. It's rougher than mine body wise and needs work to be road worthy I.E brakes and tires. The frame is straight and the running gear seems to be stong. All I need to do is pay for the ride here to GA. It will be a longer road project wise, but I think I would get it running and driving and mechanical ly, put a lift and some 35s and drive it whole I learn how to weld sheet metal. She needs a new cab floor and rockers.

What do you all think?