The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
jbgroby

Installing Door Glass Thread

Ok, Got the drivers side glass and all the parts in with minimal damage to my mind and arms. I wrote up a tutorial with pictures and will attend to make several post to pass on the information to others. I'm not sure this will fit all years as I have a 1960 GMC, but it should work on 60-63.

1960 GMC door glass Step by Step Guide

When installing the door glass, its’ ideal to have at least 1 helper, the job will go quicker and less painful on the knuckles . In reading some of the write ups for installing the glass, it seemed to me that pictures would be helpful as you go step by step. Although I’m no expert and it has been at least 13 years since the truck was together and the various ways she came apart has been lost to memory. In speaking with several members of various chat boards, below is the best way I can come up with to get all the door glass back in.

Step 1: Taping Up the Door
Tape both sides of the door glass opening completely. Make sure NOT to get the tape below the edge of the opening as both the vent window and felt channel will make getting the tape off the door near impossible.
Attached Images

jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote