The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
TheKorndog

Working on the beast

Hey all!
I've been going at it on my 72 Blazer for a few weeks when I can get to it. I just got behind the dash cleaned and ready for my new hvac ducting. I started working on the leaf springs and got through one bolt with about 4 sawzall blades. Talk about crappy! After I ran out of blades I went and loosened the body mount bolts. I didn't have too bad of a time getting them loose. I had one that I'll have to cut out. It rusted through the mount and broke. Luckily that one is in the bed section of the rig. All of my bolts are original-meaning that they are tack-welded inside the interior. So, for all of you that have changed body mounts, and the hardware is good, was it too tough to raise the body to clear the bolts and change the rubbers? I'm gonna post some pics to show you what I've been up to. I'm always up for input. Thanks everyone!

How about that welded hitch?
Attached Images

Stroked L31 & serpentine belt system (97 C1500 donor); K case 4L60e; Fitech GoEFI 4; In Tank retrofitted fuel pump tnk-pa-6; Fitech GoShift controller; 12 bolt Yukon gear posi 3.73 rear diff; NP205; Redhead steering gear; JB Custom Fab NP205 twin sticks
TheKorndog is offline   Reply With Quote