The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2016, 01:34 AM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

September 29, 2016

No bill for labor this week because no work on the truck was done at the shop. The rear axles for the Ford rearend and rotors were sent out to be re-machined to the Chevy 5x4.75 pattern to match the Corvette patten up front. I can't recall the price for this but I THINK a few hundred.

I hadn't found the rear shackles because I put them away too neatly! They were disassembled and in a Ziplok bag in a spare tool chest I've been using for the smaller parts. Found them and delivered Tuesday but they worked on other client's cars this week.

I also delivered the factory column drop and floor filler plate. Plate will be used to patch the floor as I intend to use one of those polished "eyeball" style floor mounts for the column and a matching drop. Factory drop will be use to mock up the column.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote