The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
chain1

Thinking of Buying a C10

Hello all,
New to the forum. Apologies in advance for the long post. I've registered because I enjoy talking cars and trucks and have had gained a good amount of knowledge from other forums. I'm looking to purchase a C10 and have been researching them for a while now. I originally wanted one a few years ago but couldn't find one and needed a car so ended up getting a new wrangler instead which didn't really do it for me. My current car is a 2014 Mustang GT/CS which I love but I rarely drive. I generally only put about 1200 miles a year on my car so I thought it would be fun to have something a bit more unique and not spend a fortune on something that just sits outside most of the time. I also often park on the street so I didn't want anything fragile/expensive. Back to the main point, I'm looking for a truck that is essentially turn-key, I'm not looking for a project (no garage/limited skills). I'm trying to spend under 20k which seems doable and want a short bed, manual transmission. What do you think my chances are of finding a truck that fits the bill. I've seen some at classic car dealers that seem to meet the criteria but figured I'd check with the experts to see if I was on the right track. I live in the DC Metro area and there are really none to be found around here.
Any information or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote