The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

so what I figured out today is I get the dummy of the week award. I got the taillights installed and the brake lights didnt work. ok. I had the flasher relay out (water damaged one on the 47) so maybe that was it. new flasher relay (two trips, got the wrong one, their fault) didnt fix it. hazard switch didnt work. maybe the mutifunction switch is bad? good thing I have a spare. I took off the steering wheel, unscrewed it, separated the harnesses and went to unscrew the connector.

it was loose. I only put it together loosely, never tightened it. no idea how the truck started and ran (its the ignition switch connector too) but that explains why it wouldnt start the other day. sigh. dummy of the week, the trophy is total enlightenment on my deathbed, so I got that going for me.

anyway, I got the passenger taillight installed. I didnt have a passenger bracket though, and making one would have looked new, and buying one same thing and bowtie bits was ALL THE WAY ACROSS town and it was a bank holiday anyway. couldnt I figure this out myself?

sure. that bed in the driveway had an original bracket on it.

"but its two lefts russ" I hear you say (my name is russ, not joe by the way) "how will that help?"

well, you drill out the rivets and flip the bracket over 180 degrees.

bam

everything works now! except the damn DRL. I can never seem to figure out how to make the DRLs work, I love that dull glow. maybe tomorrow I will work on that.

I did other stuff, got that small brace on the rear of the running boards, worked perfect, very solid now. jump up and down solid. tightened the ET nuts on the front spacers (only 3 were finger tight! lesson from the dash connector learned, no dummy award next week), installed the rear spacers. need an overflow tank installed (I have it) and an air filter installed for some cruisin.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote