The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #1
cmg96

Can I ask your opinions?

I have a 69 GMC 1500 and it has a 350 in it with a small blower. It still has stock manifolds and what looks to be a smaller holley. I really want to get moving on it and just get it going properly. I am in Austin, TX and have a couple options for shops but I am getting conflicting advice. I would really like to find someone that knows what would be best and willing to chat about it. I want to do and put a plan together to do things in the right order. I am still hunting for a money tree but until then I have to do things in stages.

* I have been told work on the cooling first.
* I have also been told get headers and let it breathe.

I am on a scale of 1-10 I am a weak 6 or maybe a 5 when it comes to anything motor related.

What I would like is some advice or if you know someone here in austin, dripping springs, or surrounding areas let me know your thoughts

** If this should be in another thread please let me know. I sent a note to an admin but did not get my question answered yet.
cmg96 is offline   Reply With Quote