The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2004, 09:39 AM   #1
Don R. Dodson

Detailing C10 69 Truck underneath

Since I'm new at restoring and owning a 69 Custom truck, I am wondering about the detailing under the truck. I'm gonna have to do a frame off, to get rid of the rust under the Ole Girl and am wondering about what color should the shocks be? What color should the spare tire rack be? Hydrolic brake lines? Should the brake lines be metal color or black? What about emergency brake mechanics, rollers, cable? My 59 Impala is red oxide under the car. I am assuming the truck underbody should be black. So far there hasn't been any car shows in my area this year for me to check out 67-72 shortbed Chevy trucks. The engine and trannie will be taken out and the trannie will be cleaned and painted by my mechanic. Engine will be gone over and checked for accuracy of detailing.
Are there any other particulars I should be aware of when I remove the cab and bed to do the sandblasting on the chassis? The bed and cab will NOT be sandblasted and will be treated with chemical rust removal of POR15 metal ready and scraping and sanding. Thanks Ya'll !
Attached Images

Last edited by Don R. Dodson; 03-22-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Don R. Dodson is offline   Reply With Quote