The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2016, 01:34 AM   #1
az1970k5

Vintage air wiring

I have been having issues with the wiring in my VA kit. I installed an old air unit years ago and had no issues and worked flawless. I had some issues with my VA unit but they resolved and sent me the missing parts. I purchased the complete VA system including the trinary switch so that I could run an electric fan to kick on with the compressor. As I was near my completion I noticed the harness and relay that wires the positive from the circuit breaker to the battery as well as the grounds and the trinary switch wiring was missing the purple wire to run the electric fan. I called VA technical support and they advised me I now needed to order the electric fan wiring kit which was another 60 plus shipping. I went ahead and ordered it on their advise and finished up the entire front end wiring until the electric fan wiring kit came in as I was advised by tech support. I received the fan wiring kit and it is the exact same wiring schematic with the exception of the addition of the purple wire which runs the electric fan. Everything else is identical. If I wire this electric fan wiring kit per the instructions I will have a total of 2 relays and 2 circuit breakers up front and every wire on the trinary switch spliced together. Was I advised wrong? It seems to me it should be one or the other harness, not both. Anyone recently installed a VA kit with the trinary switch and electric fan wiring kit? I just hate calling their tech support.
az1970k5 is offline   Reply With Quote