The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2004, 06:07 PM   #1
TreverSlyFox

Exclamation Now it's two !!!!!!!

Crusing the free paper that comes out here the other day and low and behold there's an ad for a 1971 GMC 3500 dually.

Jump on the phone and the guy says he's had it since 1996 and no longer needs it on the farm. Get the directions and grab a hand full of cash and boogy out the door. Get there and it's got a 9' 6" steel flatbed with an electric over hydraulic lift gate that works, air conditioning dash (no compressor), 350cu in w/SM465 4speed, stright frame. Cab needs corners, mounts and rockers but nothing is totally gone yet and the driver fender is dinged in some.

Hit the key and the 350 fires up on the 3rd roll over (new battery less the 4 months old), clutch is OK but the brakes are marginal. Guy says $900, I wave 8- $100 dollar bills under his nose and he jumps at em and hands me the title. Next day I and a couple buddies bring the beast home, wild ride, Missouri Ozark hills and iffy breaks but we make it. Oh it has mufflers too, glass packs of all things.

Didn't think I'ed find another one here, so now I've got all the spare parts I need (Woo Hoo Brake Drums !). Looking everything over once I got it home I think this is the one I'll rebuild totally. Cab doesn't look as good as my other one but it hasn't been messed with and will be easier to fix.

Talk about luck, I get it positioned next to the shop and as I shut it down the passenger front tire blows out.
TreverSlyFox is offline   Reply With Quote