The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
j_lee223

Lightbulb Advice please

Hello everyone,

My name is Justin, and I got a 65 c10 short bed step side working man truck. My wife surprised me with it after getting back from over seas wile I was gon my first truck was stolen a 67 short bed step side, so there is a sentimental attachment to my 65, but it is not my dream truck. I want a 4x4 cummins with a modern suspension possibly air ride with a small lift almost stock looking in a 65 c10 and tight steering lol I know it's a dream truck. The truck would be a daily driver that would pull an old camper from time to time.
Is this possible?

I don't know how to start my parts list because I don't know what rout to take.

I have been thinking of boxing the frame Fitting a 12v and doing a 4link but I'm not to great with the whole technical part of suspension fabrication. The welading part is not the problem it's the engendering behind the design.

I also thought of doing a frame swap, so I could get the modern suspension, 4x4, and Diesel at the same time maybe a kelderman kit also. I have seen on many posts that it never ends up looking good tho.

I had the opertunity to test drive a used diesel at the dealership that had a kelderman air ride. The ride was surprisingly smooth. I also thought it would be an easy upgrade if I went the frame swap route.

I am trying to figure out if any one has done a dodge frame swap right?
And
Is there any one who has converted a c10 to a 4x4 air suspension diesel truck?
And
Are there any kits for a non leaf front suspension with or with out air ride? I know there is pleanty of kits and mounts for the command swap I am more concerned about the suspension I want.

Thanks for your time Justin Simper Fi.
j_lee223 is offline   Reply With Quote