The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #9
goatless

Re: No love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPhotos View Post
It's because your picture is a year old! You live in CA and it's not a Prius. Your polluting the environment with an old truck which has been classified in the MSDS as "known to cause cancer in CA and only CA", and it didn't cost $70k to get leather and a Diesel.
That's funny, because I was nervous and thinking I'd be the major polluter in my CA area. On my block alone are probably 15 or so hybrids. One guy converted a Mazda Miata to electric, and always has one other hybrid.

But what I found was that, parked in dozens upon dozens of garages in the area, there are hot rods a plenty. The biggest surprise was seeing a guy back a super nice looking black '57 Chevy convertible out of his garage. As I passed by, I saw in his garage an unrestored late 60s Dodge Daytona. Parked on the street was a restored Daytona. This guy had two matching 2 car garages for his 3 classics.

I'm sure there are folks who'll complain (heck, even I wouldn't want to drive behind my truck), but there are a lot of folks who appreciate seeing classics every now and then.