The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2016, 10:01 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

thanks, I think they fit the look just right. maybe I said it, but on my 41 (next project) I plan to use the skinny 5" or 6" ones and the bias look radials so that the caps poke out a little. I love that look!

working on gauges, decided the odo would be appropriate on the gauge face. The last truck I used a non-tach cluster so the odo and PRNDL were all one piece, but on the tach dash they are separate. on the last truck it had a gazillion miles so I didnt care about the odo reading but on this truck it only has 79k miles and I DO care about showing that. the mileage is stored in the cluster, so I cant change to a single gauge cluster unless it had the same miles. enough blubbering.

trial fit. the last time I glued the display to the face but this time I wanted a stronger mount. there is a nice plastic ring on the cluster that I filed down so that it would be at the correct height in the 49 gauge.

I used my gap filler glue and it is STRONG.
next I wanted a stronger way to mount the speedo gauge, so I gutted the 49 speedo mount and drilled the s10 gauge face to mount to it. I had to countersink the screws which was nerve wracking but worked perfect. I also drilled the speedo to accept the turn signals (amber) and high beam indicator (green). I would have liked to use green for turn and blue for high beam but cest la vie, radio shack was limited on their LEDs

the lower holes are for the speedo limit pins, when you plug the gauges in they self test pin to pin so that the speedo is calibrated. on the last truck I played with this to see if I could widen the range, and it worked!

The flat white still looks like ****, pardon my french. I am going to sand it off and leave it kind of raw, I think that will look better.

mounted the quad gauges too. this zap a gap glue is the best, so strong!. Last time I drilled and used screws and it was still a wobbly mess.

I got the extension harnesses for the steppers built, just need to plug them in, the turn and high beam wires run, all I need is to sand the faces for the patina and then assemble. I got some nice blue 12v panel lights for backlighting. should work a treat!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote