The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #11
doo142

Re: the cleanest K20 that ive seen for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Cheyenne454 View Post
It's my truck.

I will tell you even though it was an unrestored, original mileage truck, it had been repainted at one time. The poor repaint, along with some minor cancer prompted the repaint/restoration. The truck was painted back in the late 80's/early90's and did not show well at all. It was repainted the original orange/white, but unfortunately the material quality and workmanship was very poor. Nothing was removed for the repaint, all the side moldings, handles, emblems, rubber etc had over spray from the mask and spray job. Very sad. In addition, the old man had brushed on orange and white paint in various spots to help preserve the truck. The lower portion of the door jambs were all painted with a brush, same for the drip rail, bottoms of the inside of the door corners, the core support, front inner wheel wells, bottom of the hood etc. The truck looked decent going down the street, but up close, the paint was in really bad shape and really took away from the truck in my opinion.

To each his own when it comes to a restoration. What one may love, another will hate.

Thank you for the positive feedback on the restoration. I appreciate it, as it was a ton of work and time.

Miles
Were you able to show the old owner what you did to preserve it? Obviously he cared a lot about it!! I'm sue he would be thrilled, very nice job!!
67 Chevy Napco c30 Dump
56 GMC Napco 4x4 short step
66 Chevy K10
68 Chevy C/30 4x4
doo142 is offline   Reply With Quote