The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #1
kingchris401

touchy gas pedal

Hey everyone, I've been on this forum for a few years but never really got involved until now. I just bought a 67 the day before Halloween. It's super rusty, loud, very unapologetic, and in your face. It's got a truck load of problems but seems to run fine mechanically. it has a cammed 350, 4 speed, 750 carb, and kegs for fuel tanks...

One thing I need to fix while I wait for the tags would be the gas pedal. I drove it a half mile up the road to the notary and couldn't stop bucking from the pedal being too sensitive. It seems like it's set up to be mashed to the floor at all times. Plus the springs are cut so it's like riding in a bouncy castle. I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue before. I thought about changing the length of the bracket on the carb or maybe changing the springs on the carb to softer ones. I found tons of stuff online about this but nothing for an old rusty truck. Mostly just new stuff.

So anyway, any help at all is much appreciated!
Chris