The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2016, 08:54 AM   #1
SMKN TA 95

1972 C-10 - Project NVR-ENUF

Over 2 years ago now, I picked up this 1972 C10 from Wisconsin via good old Craiglist. I had been on the hunt for a while, even browsing this forum even before I was a paying and now a supporting member.

It was owned by a younger kid and his father, and the kid needed to sell it before moving out of state. In the end, I ended up getting a great deal on a turn key truck. Its a 1972 C10 Cheyenne Long bed. It came with a nice 355 with World Products heads, Comp cams valve train, built TH400 with a B+M 2200 stall converter. Truck has most of the factory options etc.

The truck was repainted/partial restoration in 1998-2000, and repainted with a pontiac hunter green metallic color. Interior of truck was re done too, but still keeping the original paint. Overall a very solid truck with hardly any rust (a couple small bubbles in the paint) and a great driver. I put about 600 miles on it during the fall of 2014, then started taking things apart.

As for what this build started out as originally...we took a wrong turn some where and headed to a whole new destination....What started as a mild cam only 5.3 swap with cheap lowering kit....turned into a full Pro-touring build.

Quick list of items to get started. I am alot farther along than what I am starting with here for pictures, but I will keep posting until we are caught up. The truck will be going back to a two-tone color scheme. It is being painted 2016 Corvette Shark gray metallic, and Viper GTS Blue. On a normal two tone truck, the white area down the middle and white cab roof etc, will now be the Shark gray metallic. The rest of the truck will be painted the Viper GTS blue. We also are putting all of the original factory trim back and moulding back on.

Other Items going in....

- Full Frame off resto, with a 5"/7" drop arrangement.
- ZL1 LSA Engine combo, with CNC heads, custom valve train, blower mods, etc. 650-725 rwhp....
- Built 4L80-E trans with 3000 rpm stall billet converter
- Scotts Hot Rods Complete Bolt in Front IFS System, and power rack
- Ridetech Coil-overs up front
- Willwood 14" 6 Piston Brakes up front
- Porterbuilt, Custom Longbed Inner frame stiffener
- No Limit Rear Trailing Arm suspension setup, with Ride Tech Coil-overs, and 2" drop blocks.
- Custom Midwest Chassis Fab 9 rearend housing, with Strange 35 spline axles, posi and 3.70 gear
- Wilwood 13", 4 Piston brakes out back
- Coys C57 wheels, 20x8.5 up front, 20x10 out back.
- Vintage Air
- Dakota Digital Analog/digital dash
- Hydraboost
- Rhodes Race Cars C1- rear mount gas tank
- Aeromotive Phantom Flex intank fuel pump setup, 8AN lines front to rear
- Custom leather bucket seats with a matching jump seat in the middle.

Onto some pictures before and after teardown!
Attached Images

1972 Chevrolet C10 Cheyenne - SOLD
RaceWire Solutions
SMKN TA 95 is offline   Reply With Quote