The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2016, 06:18 PM   #1
Liltroy

truck sits crooked. need help

He guys, This is in regard to a problem Im having with my 74 stepside(Project SteppinWolf). The truck is sitting about 3/4 of an inch lower in the rear on the driver side. The previous owner had heated and bent the rear leaf springs as well as removing all but two leaves to lower it so until recently I blamed that but I have now replaced the rear springs and installed a flip kit and the problem is still there. Measured from either the ground to bottom of the frame or from the top of the axle to bottom of frame the driver side is about 3/4 of an inch lower. Im running a set of 325/60-15 drag radials and the driver side is rubbing. I'd like to get the truck level so I can modify the rear fenders to clear my drag radials but I have no idea whats causing it to be uneven. Spring perches are mounted even.I thought it may be a frame issue but measuring various areas of the frame, the measurements coincide so Im reaching out for help. Anyone else having or had this issue?
Liltroy is offline   Reply With Quote