The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #1
Scott76

Raise the rear an inch or so after a flip kit? Rake looks messed up.

I was running a 4/6 drop with McGauhys 2 inch drop spindles and springs up front, and a flip kit in the rear on my 79 C10. It looked cool as heck, but my front wheels rubbed everywhere and my header collectors scraped getting out of my driveway. I ended up swapping the front springs for some Belltech 1" drop springs, and it fixed all my issues except that it looks wonky now. It almost looks like the truck has a reverse rake. Seems like the McGauhy springs were much more than a 2" drop. I have a big block, not sure if that's a contributing factor, but the front of the truck probably sits 2-3" higher than it did with the McGauhys springs.

So as I see it, I have these options:

Install Belltech 2" drop springs up front and see if they're actually not as low as the McGauhys 2" drop springs. If they are, Get some 3/4 length headers and fab up a new exhaust system that's tucked up high. This is probably the best long term solution.

Leave the front of the truck alone and raise the rear of the truck up an inch or so. How can I go about doing this?
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote