The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #26
BattleBorn

Re: First time truck buyer questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando_Vanschoyck View Post
I just bought my first 67-72 c10, it's not perfect but I have $50 in it and it's a 67 small window which is what I wanted. Also came with 2 brand new rockers to put in. I am a new welder/fabricator and bought this truck as something to try to save and fix with my own 2 hands. I'm the kind of guy who enjoys the journey rather than the destination. I also have a dad who builds racing engines and tons of friends who do metal fab/body work/paint etc. I guess it all boils down to how much money do you have or want to spend vs how much skill/time/or how many friends do you have that can help? Also how quickly do you want it to be on the road? Just another opinion from a regular old poor country boy trying to have a cool truck! Best of luck!!!
Yeah I understand. I've never been very patient. Haha. Rebuilding bikes has taught me more patience for sure. I like the journey as well. I like taking something and making it my own. I just don't want to get in over my head.. a bike is one thing. A truck is a whole new beast.
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote