The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2004, 06:06 PM   #1
sam's 72

Has any body heard or seen any thing like this? Headers

I ordered a set of Hedman hedders from P.A.W. Full lenght, for 72 chevy 2 wheel drive, SBC, coated. I got them at the house. I did not take a picture of them, ( should have ) I am going to try and explain what was wrong with them.
Down at the collector, you have a slip flange, ( 3 bolts ) suppost to slip all the way down to the shoulder on the collector, this is what keeps it from comming off. Well, this set of headers they sent to me was not made like this.
What they had was the slip flange ( 3 bolts ) it was 4 1/2 inches from the end of the collector, the very end of collector was a raw end, no lip on it at all, right in front of the slip flang, the collector was flared out, so that the slip flang would not go to the end of collector, like I said it was 4 1/2 inches from the end. Then the collector kit that came with them was made to where the end that goes to the header collector was about a 1/2 inch bigger then the collector, then swedged down to 2 1/2 inch, the end that went towards hedder was raw, no lip or shoulder, and it was made the same way, the slip flange would not go all the way to the end due to it was flared out also to keep the slip flang from comming to the end. In order to bolt these up you would of had to use a 10 inch bolt, or weld them. I sent them back, after talking to them three times about this set of headers, and they called me dening a full refund, they told me they would refund the money for the headers, but would not give me the money for my shipping cost, which was $ 30.00 . Said there was nothing wrong with these headers. Have you guys ever seen headers that came like these? The only way to hook exhaust up is to weld, now keep in mind these are coated headers.