The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

more work today. got the air cleaner mounted.

and the battery tray trimmed and the hold down made.

found my oil leak. guess I will be putting some valve cover gaskets on tomorrow, although I may just see if the hold down bolt is loose.

both running board seals are on now. I did the drivers side with the running board off but the passenger side with the running board on.

to do it with the running board one is a trick, so if you dont have one of these, you should get one, its called a skew driver, not quite a 90 degree adapter but really useful. there is a thumb holder attachment but I always lose it, just as easy to hold it in your hand to counteract the torque.

I had the running board off to work on the filler, I found the kink that was keeping me from flowing fuel.

it was gorgeous today but that ended quick. I moved inside and started punching holes in the windlace, I also installed the led strips which will be PERFECT

also. for you guys using the 96-02 fullsize/tahoe HVAC with the s10 condenser and compressor, I erroneously said I needed the truck lines for the expansion tubes because the s10 orifice tube didnt fit, well that was wrong. I clocked the orfice tube and it inserted and seated in the tahoe evaporator, so the s10 AC lines will work. good news!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 12-01-2016 at 10:37 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote