The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #26
matthamby

Re: Grandpa's 70 C-10 Farm Truck

Well, I have found out since that my Grandpa did not build that bumper (it has been on that truck as long as I can remember), however, I am going to build my own bumpers - I have a brother-in-law that has some access to a laser cutter (can cut up to 5/8" steel), I'm thinking of something that will integrate some of the features that's on this bumper and make it a little more sleek. thought of having the chevy emblem cut into the bumper with led behind it (I have a few ideas, but will see how that turns out). also thinking of integrating some fog lamps. the rear won't be a stepper, i'm thinking of integrating a hitch receiver, back-up lights, back-up camera and reverse sensors. at one time I was thinking of doing the rear bumper with the flip-up license plate for the hitch receiver, but that wouldn't play nice with the back-up camera. I'm thinking of painting the interior of the cab silver and the exterior a royal blue metallic, the bumpers will be painted in silver, don't believe I will have them chromed. these are all thoughts and will most likely take me many years to complete - I have so many other projects at the house to get completed, that need to be done before I can really start putting some serious effort into the old girl!
matthamby is offline   Reply With Quote