The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
Ctimrun

Looking for a truck - Where do I look

I owned a C10 a long time ago back before I was on the forums, was a nice driver quality truck, but sold it when kids came along. Now that the kids are (almost) gone I'm looking for another one. Still debating if I want to get a clean stock truck and mod it myself or drop the (extra) cash up front to buy one that's done or nearly done how I would like it.

I have looked at a lot of local trucks in SoCal, but haven't found anything that was interesting enough to buy yet.

On a recent trip to the Midwest I stopped by one of the large classic car dealers to check it out and I was embarrassed for them because the trucks they had were garbage for the prices they were asking. They also didn't know anything about the trucks, where they came from, who did the work on them, or have an documentation for them etc etc. I guess buying a classic car has changed over the years.

Anyone know anything about this truck? It's more than I was planning on spending, but not out of the question. Before I call on it was wondering if anyone here has looked at it or called on it or knows of a build thread here or anywhere else for it. Or maybe knows to just not waste my time with it.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...0/1896985.html

Does anyone know where quality trucks can be found? Maybe you have looked at one but passed on it for some reason.

Looking for a clean (preferably) shortbed 1967 or 1968 truck I can modernize with drivetrain, brakes, and suspension Am also open to 69-72 if it's the right truck. Ok - send me in the right direction. Thanks

Last edited by 70cst; 12-08-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Ctimrun is offline   Reply With Quote