The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Chris H
72 C30 Trailer Queen

Big Block Longhorn...

Trailer!

Ok, a bit of story is in order here.
Last Saturday, Da-Burb and myself took a trip to DesMoines, IA to meet up with Joesjunk (and his bud Rick) to collect some parts that I had purchased. I bought a 402/th400 setup that Joe had, and he kindly agreed to also haul a longhorn bed that I had purchased from Kilomanjaro. (these items are planned to be installed on the 72 C30 pictured in my avatar).
After fighting brisk winds (@40mph), we met in the parking lot of the Walmart in Ankeny, IA. DaBurb and I had done some prescouting and found a loading dock that was sheltered from the wind. The 4 of us took the longhorn bed off Joes trailer, and placed it on my snowmobile trailer. (Joe says "I was wondering what a snowmobile trailer looks like..." being the non-Minnesotan that he is!). Then we loaded the 402/400 in the back of my truck and were strapped down and ready to go within an hour.
Of course, no meeting would be complete without several hours of BS'ing and some lunch so we blew over to the local Chili's to break some bread and swap some stories.
Anyways, I have some "thanks" to dish out, so here goes-
Thanks to Da-Burb for riding with and keeping me entertained! Thanks to Joe for another fair deal on good parts and also for the hauling! Thanks to Kilomanjaro for the bed, and delivering it to Joes house for me. And of course, thanks to my wife for putting up with me and this "hobby"!
A couple more pice to follow...
Chris H.
Chris H is offline   Reply With Quote