The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
LongBox

And Who'd Have Thought...

That in the snowy weather, I'd be using my 69?

Story goes like this: My DD is a 98 Silverado with decent tires, 5.7 Vortec. The 69 is just a toy, and I have a convertible hibernating for the winter.

Took the 98 to go to the gym yesterday, and it decided to act like a spoiled kid on the way--the fuel pump quit, a common problem with these trucks. So, get it towed to a shop (no way I'm doing this job in cold and snowy weather), and figure, what the heck, why not try the 69. It's got the typical skinny old 8 ply truck tires from back in the day, although they do have decent tread depth, but they are not winter tires.

So, for the past two days, I've been driving this old beast on slushy roads, sometimes quite slippery, and it goes quite nicely. Must be the fact that the tires are so skinny, that they bite right down to the pavement. Hate to drive it when there's salt on the road, but it will get a very thorough washing of the undercarriage and inner fenders, etc., once the other truck is back in service.

Can't beat those old BOOBS1 (Before Old Old Body Style)

-69 GMC 910 Long Box, 350
-98 Chev Silverado 1500, 350 Vortec 4L60e
-08 Mustang GT Convertible
LongBox is offline   Reply With Quote