The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
weedoublewide

Here she is...no name yet..

Finally, ones mine!
Actually I've had her for a few months, just been really busy with school i haven't had much time to get on and post the photos.

Here is some pictures of it being loaded on the truck, the engine (yes that a lawnmower air filter that was being used). At some point there was a blower looking aftermarket thingy that was installed on top of the carb.. ill post it in the next set of photos.

A quick run down on how we met. To put it into perspective it was basicly a blind date. I saw it on craigslist and fell in love with it, I looked at the photos, called the dude, he sent me more photos and more. I was in Pa and it was in West Texas, so i took a leap of faith and just sent the money to him. He got the money, sent me the title and i arranged for it to be picked up. Two weeks later its at the shop waiting to be loved.

The truck is being loaded from a few didnt views, doesnt look half bad besides the missing mirror thats in a box. ( I posted earlier about fixing it or finding a gasket). My dad ended up recommending that I use some weather proof sealant, 8 sixteenth inch washers, two stacked together then JB welded. then put them on the four courners of the mirror, then JB welded them to the mirror., then sealed it with the sealant...almost done, looks pretty good. Who would have thought old pops would know something..whattt...lol

Thats a engine lawnmower air filter on the carb...i had a friend come out and help me get the engine running better so i could one awesome one peel squeel. He showed me some other things that were wrong...ill talk about those in the other post.

Inside looks clean, or looked clean until i got down into the nasty hidden spots for rust and gunk to be butt heads.
For a truck that never left west texas, it sure had alot of signs of spending a few winters up in the rust belt. So much for rust free.
As i got to looking, it was from years and years and years of dirt accumulation. 40 years and more worth. Ill post pictures. Looks like im going to learn to do some body work.
BRING IT!
who knows how to weld....? lol

Anyways, looks good, nothing hard work and time and TLC cant fix.
Attached Images

weedoublewide is offline   Reply With Quote