The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2016, 11:06 PM   #1
svr

C4 suspension on aTF?

About at the point i can start the reassembly of my '57 3100 short step side. At this time cab is off and frame stipped of all original suspension ect. Current plan is to update the 235 with dual exhaust, a couple of carbs, alternator, and some chrme pretty's. Have a T5 with a .76 OD and mech speedo drive. 1st plan was a ford 9" flipped on original leaf springs and a M2 on the front. Well over the weekend i stumbled on to an '86 vette rear complete rotar to rotar for a franklin. Now thinking has changed, want to try and use the vette rear and find a deal on a C4 front. Question, besides Flatout and Progressive are there any others selling bracket kits? Which kits are best? I know thats a loaded question, very subjective. Can hold my own fabing stuff with well engineered plans and could probably get it done with a few trial and errors, and do overs. All suggestions and comments are welcome, someday will have to start takeing pics and start a build thread. I have seen some on here useing the C4 stuff on AD's but havn' found a build on TF. Anyway enough rambleing, all thoughts welcome.
svr is offline   Reply With Quote