The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
Corte's Speed Shop

Confused by Shock Options???

I'm working on a '66 chassis and am scratching my head when it comes to options for shocks. I have cupped lower front control arms, plan on using the heavy duty CPP c-notch, 2600/2500 bags for front and rear, and have purchased a set of rear shock relocators from Boris (Way2lo2). The rear shock relocators are similar to the style CPP offers. I have the body off the chassis and when I rest the axle on the frame, it doesn't look like there's enough room for a stock type shock, and I haven't even put the notch in yet.

I've been reading the forum for the last two years or so, and have tried researching this topic for several weeks without finding any concrete info. I'm wondering what shock everyone uses when trying to put the rear axle up in the c notch. I'm looking at CPP's front shock relocation kit, and it seems the stock length shock will work for that.

There seem to be plenty of folks with this type of suspension setup, but I haven't seen anyone detail the shock info. If anyone has any links to threads with this info, or any part numbers that work for this setup, I'd greatly appreciate your input.
Corte's Speed Shop is offline   Reply With Quote