The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2016, 11:34 PM   #1
JnJJunk

1970 C10 The Green "Build"

Now that I'm half wadone with my "Build". I figured I guess I could start a "build" thread. The reason I have build in quotes is because all I am really doing putting a new engine in and cleaning up the engine bay. I don't have the money for a full restoration.

Anyways the back story, (Not that you care). When I was 13 I went searching for my first truck, and I found something. a 67 C30 dually 327 with a Saginaw 4 speed, with a stump puller rear end. I fell in love with that truck. But being 13 and not mechanically it did not seem like a big deal. My dad kept trying to talk me out of it. Going on about No ac, no power steering, yada yada. (PS my daily driver now doesn't have ac. No one really needs it.)

Well one day when I turned 15 that truck left the neighborhood on a flatbed. Unfortunately it was not my flatbed. So Ever since that day I have been on the hunt. Well I came across this 70 not to far away from my grandpas place. I wont get into the details but I way over paid for the truck. I think I was blinded by the chance to own one again. (Any Illinois guys notice that its hard to find nice trucks like everyone else does for cheap)

So I bought it drove it home and Ill tell you the rest later. I don't want to type anymore. Ill just share a picture or two.

Last edited by 70cst; 12-21-2016 at 09:29 PM.
JnJJunk is offline   Reply With Quote