The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
Tcwivwallace

Divorced Choke or Manual Choke?

Hey Everyone! Its been awhile since I posted on here, but since the last post, I have got quite a bit done. The truck is inspected and I have since put over 2000 miles on it with limited issues. With the cold weather beginning to bear down on us in the Northeast, it is time I address my next project, the choke. When I first bought the truck, it was summer and there was no need for the choke and that was fine, considering the PO had removed the choke plate, no idea why. Anyhow, We fabricated a new choke plate and we can't seem to figure out how the whole thing works. As the truck is warming, the choke is not opening as it should.If anyone can lend any advice on the topic, it would be incredible.

On a side note, I am also thinking about converting to a manual choke if that is simpler than repairing the divorced choke setup. I have the choke cable however I am not sure where to mount that cable on the choke mechanism. Like I said, any information is greatly appreciated!

Ted

1972 GMC C1500 5.7L 350 2WD

Ted
Tcwivwallace is offline   Reply With Quote