The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2017, 10:45 PM   #17
HULK64

Re: Project Eugene: 1949 5 window

Well I FINALLY got a rear bumper and got it mounted- I never liked how they dropped the rear bumper down so far from the factory, so I raised mine up and chopped up a filler piece and I think it cleaned up quite nicely. Just welded the rear bumper mounts right to the frame.

Only problem was that then I realized that I mounted the rear exhaust behind the axle way too low- and getting the tank out was going to be a nightmare if I raised them. Nuts.
So I added some Vclamps to make it possible to move them up. It was a pain, but everything is where I like it now.

Then this weekend I finally got around to finishing the exhaust kick outs and wrapped them where they go under the tank. At least 3/4" of clearance on all corners.

And then I got the tank and compressors mounted. All tucked away under the rear facing seat and the compressors and air lines are away from the exhaust. I made a plate that sits in front of the tank for the manifold and ECU to mount to- and all I will have to do is pull off the rear seat to get to all of it.

Now I'm saving up for steering parts, and then suspension parts...I wish I hadn't chopped down my money tree.
HULK64 is offline   Reply With Quote