The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
Mhussnatter

Hood bow tie emblem idea 69-70

Just figured I would share with the group. I am sure I am not the first to do this but I think it came out pretty cool. When I got my truck the blue plastic piece inside the emblem was all busted to pieces so I removed all the pieces which and found that the previous owner did not take it off prior to the 1/2 azz paint job he put on the truck so the original blue showed through. I didn't want to leave the emblem hollow anyway as water and dirt etc would get trapped in there. I removed it and then used it to trace out a template then transferred that to some aluminum and cut it out with some tin snips. I was kind of stuck on how to secure the aluminum piece inside the emblem....thought about soldering but then after some research decided that was not a good idea. Most of the tabs inside the emblem had broken off. I eventually decided to use some job weld and clamped it in place while the epoxy set up. Easy project that didn't cost much at all.
Attached Images

Mhussnatter is offline   Reply With Quote