The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2017, 04:02 AM   #1
kd6tas

'93 350 into '68 C10 what to expect question

My brother found a '93 350 truck engine and we are fixing it up to put in my '68 long fleet C10. I bought the pickup in '96 from the daughter of the original owner who died. It was his hunting and boat towing truck. The original 307 was replaced by a 70's 350 shortly before I bought it. I'm in California. The 350 in it now is getting tired. It uses oil and occasionally fouls the number 6 spark plug. It has an Edelbrock aluminum dual plenum intake, Thermoquad, HEI, headers and glass packs. The transmission is 3-speed manual. The 3.73 rear end was replaced with a 3.07 unit. The idea is to use the '93 engine with as much of the existing stuff as possible. No TBI or ECM or automatic transmission. I'm wondering what problems we are going to have to overcome to do this. If anyone knows of any old threads where this was discussed, please refer me to them. Any wisdom at all regarding this will be appreciated. My name is Bill. Thanks in advance.
kd6tas is offline   Reply With Quote