The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
KriegsReich

71 C10 1/2 Ton Long Bed (Unintentional Rat)

New to the forum.

My last truck was a 79 K5. It hit the dirt about a year ago and I sold it off. I got the itch again and bought this. I picked it up for $1660. It has some issues, but I don't feel like I paid too much for it. Yet. I've been driving it around town since last week, and I've had no issues. This morning I noticed I had no running lights or brake lights. I'm currently chasing wires. The issue seems to be post fuse box.

However, I made the ultimate rookie battery mistake tonight. Instead of taking off the negative like I should have... I went for the positive. And when I did the wrench slipped and made contact with the radiator POP POP POP!!!! I didn't think much of it... When I had the dash back together, I hit the ignition. Nothing. So now it sits in my front yard. I'll be taking the battery in to get it tested tomorrow. My plan was to throw a coat of paint on it this weekend, But I'm willing to bet I'll be redoing the entire wiring before it's over.
KriegsReich is offline   Reply With Quote