The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2004, 08:29 PM   #1
83stepside

throttle cable too long???

Hello all....own a 83 4x4 step side here and i believe my throttle cable is too long.Heres the deal....have a holley 0-80451 carb "street legal" bolted to a edelbrock "performer"intake all sitting on a 350 now the "stock" throttle bracket is bolted to the last intake bolts on the drivers side just behind the carb itself at ITS ohh..id say 7 o'clock position.The vehicle has a hard time returning fully to idle..and I have noticed that i have to manually turn the throttle back to "idle" by hand...its just a twitch..but a big difference in idle speed.My current throttle cable does a big "S" bend just before it go's into the firewall..which would explain a "stiff' pedal..which is what I got....now..do they make a shorter cable???This current cable is a stock cable for carb'd engines.I guess i should just take a pic and send it in.OR if any of you have pictures of your Carb/throttle cable set-ups i can pick which one looks like mine.

oh well...this is the first of 2 problems i'm haveing.

thanks for your time

Brent
83stepside is offline   Reply With Quote