The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Renee

1959 Chevrolet Apache pick up. Mistakes?

I have one last question for the forum, of which so many have graciously helped with my novel in which a turquoise 1959 Apache pickup is one of the stars.

I realized that I am using the nearly life-long rebuilding and restoring of the Apache as a metaphor for life. Building and restoring a life, which is what my male character, Henry needs. I know it takes times, dedication, knowledge, and skill, and probably help from others more knowledgeable than yourself, at least at the beginning. And money.

So - I need some examples of things that went wrong with the restoration. What have any of you added or done to your truck that was a mistake, and had to be removed? Or perhaps something you did with it that you regret? Or maybe, something someone else had done that you had to undo?

Do any of you have thoughts about what the rebuild meant to you? Things you realized as you did it? Satisfaction? Joy?

And mistakes or errors that you had to fix. I look forward to your thoughts. And thank you!
Renee is offline   Reply With Quote