The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2004, 12:37 AM   #1
walker

New paint, good and bad.

I went and saw my pick up today. It is down at the paint shop. They are giving it a full paint job back with the original Vermillion paint. They were color sanding today. It looks good! The problem is that they were supposed to paint the door jambs too, which they did. They also painted the inside of the door. The original inside is Ivory. Now I have red door panels, the upholstered panel is still ivory vinyl, with an ivory dash, pillars, ceiling, floor, and kick panels. I have kind of decided don't like it. It looks odd with the red on the windsheild post, and upper panel next to the ivory dash. So, what do you all think a good solution might be? I have thought about having them repaint them ivory, but it would not match the 35 year old paint on the dash(which is in excellent shape). I have also though about having them paint the widow posts, the inset portion of the bottom of the door, and perhaps a scallop in the middle of the top portion of the panel with Ivory. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Just so you are aware of my attitude about this, I am not angry. I understand that mistakes happen. I don't think forcing them to paint the whole inside of the cab is a reasonable solution, nor do I think I would get the best paint job doing it that way. The other option I just thought of is to negotiate the price down, and the play with the ivory myself until I like it. I do paint from time to time and have the equipment, I just don't have the patience to paint the whole thing. Small parts or dent repairs are more up my alley.
Anyhow, thanks for any solutions, Andy
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold

Last edited by walker; 04-01-2004 at 12:45 AM.
walker is offline   Reply With Quote