The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2004, 01:30 AM   #1
silverado_ss03

Back In The Saddle Again

This is a post I guess you could say straight from the heart.

If you all picked up this months issue of Truckin' , the one with the lifted ram on the cover, take a look at the ground zero article. He is in a similar situation as me. I am a racer. I would rather have a fast truck than a "pretty" truck. As long as I feel good about it. I dream about cars 24/7 and I am bi-polar in a strange sort of way. Let's say I see a cool chevelle that I really like, well I bust out all of my magazines looking for chevelle parts. And for about a week I dream about how I want it. After any given time I see maybe a 96 impala, you know the big caprice look a likes, which is still and always will be my dream car. Well I spent about 6 months dreaming about almost every car except the thing I got now. My 84. If you all remember a while back I wrote an article all excited about my first truck. I was scared to put money into it because it's pretty rusty. When I read ground zero it was like a wake up call to stop dreaming. The editor of ground zero just bought an 85 c-10 and was telling how it was like he was back in the saddle again and it made me realize, being 15 I can't afford a 10-15 thousand dollar car ( a camaro was my second choice). I made an agreement with my mom and told her since the truck was free thanks to my good uncle, she can pay for all the body work and paint. Now after realizing what I got, I realized I'm glad I don't have a longbed which is the reason I didnt accept my dads 91 when it was offered to me. I am ready to hits the street/strip and have rust chunks fall off when I hit speed bumps but hopefully I'll pull at least a 12 second timeslip.
silverado_ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote