The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
bigrigpardo

How dare you argue with a 67-72 enthusiast.

So I went to go look at a 67 short bed with an awesome utility bed on it. The CL ad said frame was blasted and painted Ted and it ran drove and stopped great but needed some smalls fixed. I planned on buying it as a flip and putting 22 transits and drop springs on it and selling it as a running driving patinad shop truck. I went to go see the truck and first off it barely ran shifter linkage got stuck and I had to fix it for him brakes were almost too the floor. Everything was butchered together and then the argument started. I asked him why the Vin was swapped. He told me it wasn't and he had a clean title for it. The title was for a 70 it had plain pop rivets holding the tag on and it didn't match the correct 67 short bed Vin on the slide in the glovebox. He had no idea there were other vins. And started arguing with me that I was making g things up. I pulled out my phone showed him pics of correct tags with rossets and everything he still denied it and the frame was half brush painted with the body still on. Never blasted. He plainly told me well this truck just isn't for you then and I left. He also was firm on his 3k as that's what he paid and he thought it was worth more. I told him I would give him 2k if he had the original 67 Vin plate. I didn't care about a title. In NY that isn't a problem for pre 72 vehicles but I wanted it to be correct. Oh well. Cool truck but a waste of 2 hours of my day. Had to rant. Check it out.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6020245661.html
Attached Images

bigrigpardo is offline   Reply With Quote