The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
Sam63c10

My 63 Longbed C10

Well picked this truck up about 12 months ago, wasnt sure if it was for me but ive fallen in love, Truck came from bakersfield in California, and was shipped over to the uk by an importer. I spotted it on ebay and a deal was done.
here's how i bought it (only photo i saved from the ebay listing).

I bought it blind but was pleseantly suprised when it turned up. Its a nice solid truck, plenty of patina but no rot, has the 292 inline 6 and the overdrive 3 on the tree. Id love to find out what this truck has been doing all its life.
First thing i did was fix a few things, emergency brake, fuel sender, blowing manifold gasket, new window weather strips, and swapped the wheels over to some 15x10 steels with babymoons

Drove around in it for the summer without any major issues, a local guy who makes surf boards borrowed it for a photoshoot

Decided to take it off the road for our wet British winter, too much salt on the roads and constant damp conditions wouldnt of been kind to the old girl
have a few jobs planned over the next few months,
1) Replace the rotten bed wood.
2) Paint up the chassis
3) Replace Cab mounts and Trailing Arm Bushings
4) Fit a CPP deluxe lowering kit 5'' 3'' drop shocks springs and tarck bar
5)Get the front wheels narrowed, and get the wheels painted to match the roof
6) Replace windshield and back window gaskets
7) Buff bodywork
8) Repair radio

As of yet i have done the Radio, Tuner was damaged so have wired it to run off an aux lead so i can listen to my ipod!

Started work on the bedwood and got the bed removed. All but 4 of the bed strip bolts came undone, still cant get over the condition of everything, chassis still has its black paint and cross rails look like NOS after a clean up.

cleaned up the chassis and started to get some paint on

Looking forward to getting this thing back together and back on the road for the summer.
Thanks to all you who Contribute to the forum, there is a vast wealth of infomation and knowledge that has helped me out no end already.
Sam63c10 is offline   Reply With Quote